Seeking Justice For Cases Of Wrongful Death
When you have been devastated by the loss of a spouse or close family member, nothing can ever make you “whole” again. However, if your loved one died in a tragic accident caused by the negligence of someone else, you are entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for your losses.
Free Consultation • No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal accident, call 440-951-6666 to arrange a free consultation. Our team at Denman & Lerner Co., L.P.A., is ready to represent your case. We have convenient office locations in Mentor, Mayfield Heights, Cleveland, Twinsburg, Russell, Independence and Westlake.
Rights Of Survivors In Ohio
Upon losing a spouse, parent, or child, under Ohio law, survivors may be entitled to damages, including:
- Loss of care, companionship, consortium and support
- Loss of income and health care benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Other related damages
- Punitive damages
Fatal accidents occur in situations where negligence or recklessness puts another person in danger. Wrongful death lawsuits may arise out of:
- Fatal injuries caused by nursing home neglect: injuries to nursing home residents that may occur due to inadequate supervision or safety measures, negligent hiring procedures, poorly trained staff, and improper administration of drugs or medical treatment
- Medical malpractice
- Fatal car accidents
- Semi and motorcycle crashes
- Train accidents
- Medical negligence such as improperly prescribed medication, surgical error or other mistakes made during the course of medical treatment or health care
- Workers’ compensation death claims
No matter what the circumstances in which your loved one was killed, our experienced personal injury lawyers will assist you in recovering the compensation you need to move forward.
Protect Your Rights. Call For A Free Initial Consultation Today
Have you lost a loved one in a fatal accident? Contact our team of attorneys — we can provide comfortable, responsible and personalized service during this difficult time.